Water Aerobics Instructor - PT
This is a part-time, hourly position with limited benefits. The set hourly rate for this position is $27/hour.
View the complete job description here.
View flyer here.
DESCRIPTION: Under direction from the Recreation Coordinator II – Administrative Services and Aquatics and the Parks and Recreation Director, the Water Aerobics Instructor will be responsible for instructing various levels and types of group aquatic fitness classes and providing information relevant to proper use of equipment, and class structure, with an emphasis on customer service. Expected to be committed to the department motto, doing “whatever it takes” to lead a safe and successful program for all participants. May perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this classification.
- Maintains interest and participation in water aerobics by conducting classes that are fun, energized and innovative.
- Greet, introduce and welcome participants
- Educate participants concerning safe exercise techniques and constantly monitoring safety
- Acquaint new participants with class procedures
- Uses practical and current knowledge and skills to guide and teach participants in aquatic fitness settings.
- Obtain substitutes as needed
- Communicates and enforces facility and class policies and procedures
- Communicate any equipment problems, member concerns, or suggestions to the Aquatics Coordinator
- Attend all required meetings/trainings for CRC staff and Personal Training Staff
- Enhance knowledge through continuing education, etc. to build skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position is physically demanding. It is required that Water Aerobics Instructors be able to safely demonstrate all actions required by participants.
HOURS: Must be able to work split shifts, weekdays, weekends and/or evenings as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Instructors MUST have current CPR/AED certification; must also have a current water aerobics certification from a national certifying agency (ex. AEA, ASFA, AFAA).