Guest Services Attendant - PT
This is a part-time, hourly position with no benefits. Expected starting salary is the minimum hourly rate of $12.00. Must be able to work split shifts, weekdays, weekends and/or evenings as assigned
Download position flyer here.
Download job description here.
DESCRIPTION: Under direction from Guest Services Supervisor, The Recreation Coordinator II – Sports and Fitness, and the Parks and Recreation Manager, the Guest Services Attendant delivers information and direction to guests in relation to memberships and guest services, cardio equipment, weight room machines and the overall function and safety of the fitness floor area. The role of the Guest Services Attendant is to provide second mile customer service to all members and guests. In addition to assisting guests, this position has many job duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, handling a cash drawer, keeping the facility clean, equipment wiped down, disinfectant dispensers filled and the overall maintenance of the fitness floor equipment. This position will work in many areas of the facility and will be expected to perform as a high functioning team member. Expected to be committed to the department motto, doing “whatever it takes” for the success of the team and department, including performing other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this classification.
- Provide Second Mile Customer Service to all internal and external customers.
- Greet guests upon entering the facility.
- Answer phone calls in a timely manner.
- Assist guests with all related inquiries as needed.
- Be a constant presence in the facility to ensure safe and correct use of equipment and provide connection opportunities for our guests and members.
- Follow emergency care procedures in the event of an injury or accident.
- Elevate the awareness of all fitness area rules, policies and training.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining all items in the facility.
- Keep the facility clear of debris, including returning items to proper location, and re-racking any weights/cable attachments that have been left out.
- Provide services for Child Care, Rock Wall and Game Room as needed.
- Operate POS system for day pass and membership purchases.
- Ensure the Cottonwood Recreation Center and the City of Cottonwood is represented professionally at all times through professional appearances, responses, and attitudes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This classification involves work re-racking weights and consistent walk-throughs of the facility. Must be able to lift 50 pound objects. Must be able to demonstrate sufficient mobility to perform the needs of the position, including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to perform repetitive motion and wrist rotation tasks associated with the cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining of facility items.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must have or be actively working towards a high school diploma, or its equivalent. Must be able to proficiently demonstrate the ability to perform all tasks to an acceptable level, as determined by a supervisor, within six months of hire.
This position will remain open until filled.
First review date: Nov 23, 2020 at 3:00 P.M.