Help Us Bring Piggy Home!
February 14, 2021 -
1–5pm Tickets are $45 each at OldTown.org
Adults only event, ages 21 and up, alcohol will be served!
Sip, savor, shop and stroll through charming Historic Old Town Cottonwood on this magical evening to remember, the annual Valentine’s Day Sip and Stroll. You will receive a complimentary glass, wine tasting, along with a special sweet treat at each participating venue. It's the perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day!
Beginning at 1 pm, collect your glass at Small Batch Wine & Spirits (1044 North Main Street / Old Town Square, Cottonwood Arizona), your ticket, map, swag bag, and start your Sip & Stroll at any of the participating locations.
3 Kings Kasbar
Burning Tree Cellars
COLT 804 Grill
Small Batch Wine & Spirits
Don’t forget to keep your eye out for special sales by our local Old Town Merchants!
Download position flyer here.
This is a Non-exempt, Full-time position. Level will depend on qualifications. Expected starting salary is minimum of range.
WW Op Trainee: Expected hiring range is minimum of range 12; Hiring range: $14.67 per hour - $16.99 per hour. Full long term range of position is $14.67 per hour - $21.62 per hour.
WW Op I: Expected hiring range is minimum of range 14; Hiring range: $16.18 per hour - $18.73 per hour. Full long term range of position is $16.18 per hour - $23.84 per hour.
WW Op II: Expected hiring range is minimum of range 16; Hiring range: $17.83 per hour - $20.65 per hour. Full long term range of position is $17.83 per hour - $26.28 per hour.
DESCRIPTION: This position under close general supervision of the Wastewater Superintendent, operates, monitors and maintains the wastewater treatment plant(s), collection system, effluent disposal, non-potable irrigation systems, laboratory processes and biosolids handling facility to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies; and performs related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this classification.
• Responsible for operation and maintenance of the equipment at the treatment facility, lift stations, collections system, effluent disposal system and biosolids handling facility.
• Will collect and perform laboratory analysis on water/wastewater compliance and process control samples required for regulatory permit reporting.
• Enters data/records for permit reporting and compliance, according to regulatory requirements
• Monitor, evaluate and adjust plant equipment and instrumentation.
• Develops and/ or obtains training on proper plant operations, safety, laboratory procedures.
• Participate in collections system maintenance, repairs and installation.
• Perform collection system field marking of buried utilities (bluestake)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Comprehension of the principles, practices, procedures, and techniques used in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant, collection system and lift stations as well as effluent disposal system and biosolids handling facility.
• Ability to interpret and apply City policies and safety regulations.
• Comprehension of laboratory procedures relating to process control and compliance testing requirements
• Knowledge of basic maintenance and repair of wastewater equipment.
• Skill in reading and comprehending process and equipment manuals, general blueprints, electrical and mechanical diagrams.
• General skill in operating computer systems, SCADA systems, word processing, graphic and spreadsheet computer programs and operate software packages.
• Ability to discriminate between normal and abnormal operating conditions and take proper corrective actions.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with subordinates, other employees and deal tactfully with the general public.
• Ability to communicate observations verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to reach, grasp and feel; stoop; kneel; bend; climb. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in all weather conditions.
Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License by hire date. Shall have a High school diploma or equivalent and the ability within six months from date of hire to obtain a Grade I Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate from Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ). The possession of a Commercial Drivers License is desired. See full job description here.
Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License by hire date. Shall have a High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year wastewater treatment plant operations experience. Must possess a Grade I Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate from Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) by hire or promotion. May be required to have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) class B or higher, or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire date. See full job description here.
Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License by hire date. Shall have a High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years wastewater treatment plant operations experience. Must possess a Grade II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate from Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) by hire or promotion. May be required to have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) class B or higher, or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire date. See full job description here.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to work overtime, holidays and weekends and be on-call 24 hours per day, per the departmental on-call policy. Candidate must be able to respond to call out within twenty (20) minutes. Candidate is required to complete physical examination to insure ability to perform work requirements.
This position will remain open until filled.
First review date: Jan 6, 2021 at 3:00 P.M.